Abilities Care Approach Assessment Workshop Online
In this online course participants will gain skills and knowledge used during the evaluative phase of the Abilities Care Approach process. Participants will learn to administer and score the Large Allen Cognitive Level Screen – Version 5 (LACLS-5), the Routine Task Inventory – Expanded (RTI-E), the Functional Assessment Staging Tool (FAST) and assessments from the Allen Diagnostic Module (ADM-2). Participants will also learn to obtain a thorough occupational profile through the collection of information about person-centered factors, and to assess environmental factors for clients with dementia living in a skilled nursing facility.
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Speech and Language Pathologists
- LACLS-5 manual
- ADM manual and ADM
- Suggested purchase: Abilities Care Approach Assessment Kit through S&S Worldwide
- Understand how to document ongoing assessment of cognition during the evaluative phase of the Abilities Care Approach
- Understand correct administration and scoring of the LACLS-5 and ADM-2 assessments
- Understand scoring criteria for the three stitches and inserted errors of the LACLS-5 and demonstrate the ability to assign a score to observed performance
- Understand effective assessment methods for obtaining an occupational profile and gathering person-centered information for clients with dementia
- Integrate findings from the Skilled Analysis of Routine ADLs and Activities into treatment plans and documentation of the environmental aspects of functional performance
How to Register
To enroll in this online course, scroll down to the Workshop Registration, change the RSVP quantity from zero to one, and complete the form. Your information will be forwarded to the “TEACHA” in your market who will send an introductory email and website link/credentials for the course. The TEACHA will also offer provide support and additional resources as needed to support translation of knowledge into practice.