- This event has passed.
Abilities Care Approach Webinar Series
December 17, 2018 @ 12:45 pm - 1:45 pm PST
“Implementing the Abilities Care Approach to Enhance, Participation, Well-Being and Quality of Life in Long-Term Care Residents”
A 6-week webinar series focusing on designing effective maintenance program and training caregivers in implementation of interventions in the long-term care environment
This course is intended for SLP, OT, OTA
Getting Started Checklist:
● Review course materials from OT 5-hour Abilities Care course
● Use Slums or MOCA for eval –consider using Cognitive Assessment Tool to obtain an estimate of the Allen Cognitive Level.
● Familiarize self with Abilities Care Approach resources on the Portal
● Screen patients (see Abilities Care Approach Screening Form) and identify 3 patient (ideally one in level two, three, and four)
● Send out Life History Profiles for referrals to be evaluated/ plan to have completed from caregivers by end of week 1 (Social serves may be able to help with this)
● Consider setting up a “Resource Binder” with frequently used materials for Abilities Care Approach program: Codes, documentation, forms, and assessments all available on the portal.
Instructor: Gina Tucker-Roghi, OTD, OTR/L
Webinar Series Begins Monday November 5th 12:45-1:45pm PST/Continues every Monday through December 5th **must attend each week for CEU credit**