- This event has passed.
October 18 @ 8:00 am – 2:00 pm PDT
DORiTO Director of Rehab in Training Opportunity – See important information below –
Registration Closes October 8th, 2021
A Director of Rehabilitation in a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) combines therapy leadership and administrative skills to coordinate delivery of rehabilitation services and improve quality care in a rapidly changing healthcare environment. The Director of Rehab-in-Training Opportunity program (DORiTO) will provide an opportunity for therapists to learn knowledge and skills required to be an effective Director of Rehab in a SNF and develop leadership skills needed to motivate, direct and develop therapy staff. The program will provide classroom style training via Webex and an in-person training; as well as, practical clinical experience that will equip them with competencies required to be future leaders within Ensign Affiliated Facilities. What is expected from you…
1. Completing a Capstone Project.
- The purpose of a Capstone Project is to provide an opportunity for you to put your knowledge and leadership skills into practice in order to effect a change and make a meaningful contribution to the facility you are serving. This project will need to be approved by your DOR/ED.
- Ways to identify a Capstone Project
- Improve a facility system or process for greater efficiency or quality
- Impact the culture of the facility or department in a deliberate way
- Develop a new program or service
- Enhance the skills or knowledge of the therapy team or facility staff in a critical area
2. Gain approval from your DOR/ED, as part of the DORiTO program, to attend Stand-up Meeting, Daily Technical Meetings, Medicare Meetings, Triple Check Meetings and any other meetings identified by your DOR/ED.
3. Attend the In-Person DORiTO Meeting at the Service Center on November 8th & 9th.
- You will need to work with your DOR/ED to book your own flight to arrive at the SNA airport November 7th and leave November 9th after 2 pm.
- Hotel, ground transportation and food will be covered by the Service Center.
Due to the ongoing COVID situation we are not requiring or asking you to share a room. The Service Center will be set up for social distancing. Please let us know if you are not comfortable traveling to attend an in person meeting at this time.