- This event has passed.
Psychosocial Toolkit Workshop (Sonoma)
March 29 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm PDT
Evidence-based mental health assessments and interventions will be presented to occupational therapy (OT) practitioners to better serve the needs of adults with a serious mental illness in a skilled nursing facility (SNF). OT students from Dominican University of California have consolidated the assessments and interventions into a toolkit. The toolkit will enhance the OT practitioners’ skills and promote active engagement in the residents within the SNF.
Lunch will be provided.
Learn how to:
- Approach a resident using therapeutic use of self & motivational interviewing
- Access the toolkit and online video library, which will include two assessments, two interventions, and examples of documentation for mental health interventions
- Practice two assessments from toolkit to create a resident’s occupational profile (i.e., Canadian Occupational Profile Measure and Modified Interest Checklist)
- Utilize two mental health interventions from toolkit
- Wellness Recovery Action Plan as concurrent therapy
- Life skills group as group therapy sessions
- Document for reimbursement of mental health interventions
Interested in signing up for this course? Please take the survey (step 1) and then register online (step 2).
Step 1 – Take the Survey
Please take the Psychosocial Workshop Pre-Survey. (Survey page will open in a new tab/window.) This survey will take approximately 15 minutes and will cover topics related to mental health and how OT practitioners in a SNF work with residents with a SMI.
Step 2 – Register for Course
Once you’ve completed the survey, return to this page and submit the course registration form below.
Tickets are not available as this event has passed.