- This event has passed.
Therapy Expert for Abilities Care Holistic Approach (TEACHA)
March 2 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm PST
March 2-3 Certification Workshop
This two-day certification training is March 2nd and 3rd at the Service Center in San Juan Capistrano, CA.
Purpose: Empower field-based experts to serve as peer mentors and coaches within their own markets to support the implementation of the Abilities Care Approach to Dementia programming.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Work in partnership with local leadership (Therapy and Clinical Resources, DORs, DNSs, therapists, nurses, and IDT members) to provide training and support to facilities and teams aiming to implement a dementia program in their facilities. TEACHAs will use existing program training tools and resources to facilitate program implementation. TEACHAs will provide training and support within their local market or at other Ensign-affiliated facilities:
- Developing clinical and documentation skills for therapists
- Implementing the Abilities Care Expert (ACE) training program for CNAs and other Direct Care Staff
- Gaining support and buy-in from physicians and case-managers
- Establishing the program as an interdisciplinary facility-wide approach
Prior to attending the workshop, you will be partnered with another TEACHA and assigned an Abilities Care Approach program component to present during the certification workshop. (See workshop agenda for details)
- Understand and apply the principles of the Abilities Care Approach to Dementia to a wide range of clinical interventions
- Identify and utilize existing Abilities Care Approach training resources to create training plans that meet the needs of facilities and teams
- Demonstrate effective teaching methods to meet the needs of a variety of learners (therapists, nurses, CNAs, IDT)
- Identify common program implementation challenges and possible solutions
- Understand the process for creating digital learning materials in collaboration with the Ensign Learning & Development team
January 31 February 4
Consider the required qualifications listed below and summarize your experience in a statement. We are not looking for a record of perfect implementation, but rather evidence that you use a multi-faceted approach to improve the lives of your residents.
- Completion of Abilities Care Approach Courses (Include dates and names of courses attended)
- Experience implementing a minimum of two key aspects of the Abilities Care Approach:
- Individualized reminiscence / Life Storyboards
- Adapted Care Approaches (self-care, mobility, communication)
- Modified Meaningful Activities / Activity Prescriptions
- Sensory Strategies, Sensory Rooms or Sensory Diets
- Demonstrated leadership and ownership by sharing your knowledge and experience with others on your team or within your market. How have you shared your knowledge and expertise? How have you overcome barriers to program implementation?
How to Apply
To apply, scroll down to the TEACHA Application, change the RSVP quantity from zero to one, and complete the form. Your application and experience summary statement will be forwarded to the Therapy Resource team for consideration. Applications will be accepted until
January 31 February 4, 2020. You must apply to attend but not everyone who applies will be accepted. Confirmations will be sent in early February.
UPDATE: Application deadline extended to Tuesday 04 February 2020.