Ensign Services, Inc. is currently scouting for an innovative and passionate therapy leader to help us build something great in our Arizona market. We have identified a need in some of our skilled nursing and post-acute rehabilitation patients for drug addiction therapy and rehabilitation services. We believe that we are uniquely qualified to care for these patients and expect a growing segment of our patients to require these specialized services. For our Director of Rehabilitation position, we require a physical, occupational or speech language pathologist who has experience with this population or a passion to learn more about it and receive the appropriate certifications and training. In addition, this position will require previous leadership experience in a skilled nursing or post-acute care setting and the ability to motivate a team of therapists and achieve excellent clinical and financial results. In return, we can offer a highly competitive compensation package including an incentive bonus which is paid monthly. We offer comprehensive benefits with generous paid time off as well as paid continuing education opportunities.
Ensign Services provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Help us build something great and share in the Ensign experience with these in-house facility teams where our core values of ownership, passion for learning, loving one another, and celebration are evident every day. Be sure to ask us about facility specific specialty programs like Heart PARC, Abilities Care, Music & Memory, Alter G, Big & Loud, and opportunities for you to continue learning and receive focused program training to enhance your therapy career.
- Licensed Physical, Occupational or Speech Therapist
- At least 3 years of experience as a therapist
- Supervisory and/or administrative experience in long term care rehabilitation preferred
- Knowledge of Medicare PDPM preferred
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Effective interpersonal and interdisciplinary communication skills
- Implements and monitors the provision of facility Rehab policy and procedures
- Sets up monthly department goals and objectives in conjunction with the facility’s needs
- Supervises rehab staff and ensures effective rehab staff orientation, training and ongoing competency
- Coordinates rehab admissions and distribution of caseload
- Manages utilization and productivity for the department
- Acts as a rehab case manager for HMO patients or other complex cases
- Assists in the case management/tracking of Medicare A rehab cases under the PPS system
- Recruits rehab staff, as assigned
- Manages and analyzes department productivity and other statistics, to include billing
- Ensures that rehab department is compliant with all regulatory issues. This includes assurance that department records are completed and maintained, such as medical record documentation, reimbursement denials management and other survey compliance requirements.
- Oversees and analyzes quality assurance and outcomes programs
- Develops necessary rehab programs
- Monitors rehab equipment and supply needs
- Represents the rehab department in the interdisciplinary team at assigned meetings
- Oversees effective running of rehabilitation conference meetings
- Oversees provision of appropriate interdisciplinary education programs
- Maintains relationships with hospital therapists, physicians and other key community members
- Participates in the development and provides community education programs regarding facility rehab services
- Provides direct patient treatment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Last updated 2021-10-14