Phoenix Mountain Post Acute Care in Phoenix, AZ, is offering an exciting Director of Rehabilitation opportunity for a Physical, Occupational or Speech Therapist who has a passion for leadership. The ideal candidate will have have demonstrated solid experience in delivering high quality care to adult and geriatric patients in a long term and post-acute rehab setting. In addition, this special therapist will also demonstrate a passion for learning, a love for patients and colleagues, the drive to solve problems and overcome barriers, and the desire to build something great. Additionally, we can offer you unlimited business development opportunity, a strong facility team with excellent administration and nursing, a highly competitive compensation and benefits package and a culture which promotes ownership and facility level decision making.
Phoenix Mountain receives support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Ensign culture has come to life in these facility teams and is evident in the ownership, passion, and celebration found in their departments every day. In addition, Ensign culture has fostered an environment where therapists have an unprecedented level of freedom to create and implement the programs that will best serve their patients and communities.
The Director of Rehabilitation is responsible for the day to day operations of the facility’s rehabilitation department to include supervision of the rehab staff and all related administrative duties. This position is classified as a salaried-exempt position and warrants that the facility rehab department needs a full time director with at least 50% of the time allocated to the management of the department.
- Implements and monitors the provision of facility Rehab policy and procedures
- Sets up monthly department goals and objectives in conjunction with the facility’s needs
- Supervises rehab staff and ensures effective rehab staff orientation, training and ongoing competency
- Coordinates rehab admissions and distribution of caseload
- Manages utilization and productivity for the department
- Acts as a rehab case manager for HMO patients or other complex cases
- Assists in the case management/tracking of Medicare A rehab cases under the PDPM system
- Recruits rehab staff, as assigned
- Manages and analyzes department productivity and other statistics, to include billing
- Ensures that rehab department is compliant with all regulatory issues. This includes assurance that department records are completed and maintained, such as medical record documentation, reimbursement denials management and other survey compliance requirements.
- Oversees and analyzes quality assurance and outcomes programs
- Develops necessary rehab programs
- Monitors rehab equipment and supply needs
- Represents the rehab department in the interdisciplinary team at assigned meetings
- Oversees effective running of rehabilitation conference meetings
- Oversees provision of appropriate interdisciplinary education programs
- Maintains relationships with hospital therapists, physicians and other key community members
- Participates in the development and provides community education programs regarding facility rehab services
- Provides direct patient treatment
- At least 3 years of experience as a therapist
- Supervisory and/or administrative experience in long term care rehabilitation preferred
- Knowledge of Medicare PDPM preferred
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Effective interpersonal and interdisciplinary communication skills
- The right individual will be committed to providing the superior service levels that our patients and residents need and expect.
Licensed PT, OT or SLP
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team
- Exhibits a sincere desire to help patients and residents in their rehabilitation process
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing skills required for documentation of the care you provide
- Exhibits knowledge and understanding of therapy practice
- Possesses and conveys high degree of credibility and integrity
- Enjoys team cohesion, is a team player, has a positive attitude and a strong desire to make a constructive impact on organizational excellence
- Understands and accepts the unpredictable nature and needs of the therapy function in a busy rehab department
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Last updated 2021-10-18