San Antonio Texas
Full Time Therapy Administrative Assistant
Based out of San Antonio, TX
We are seeking an administrative assistant to support our talented team of Rehab Directors and Regional Therapy Directors “Therapy Resources.” Our Directors of Rehab and Therapy Resources support amazing in-house therapy teams who are doing great things in their programming and with their residents. Our therapy teams see a diverse mix of orthopedic, neurological and cognitive disorders, and many of our patients are returning to home. In return for your professional administration, we can offer you a highly competitive hourly rate, and comprehensive benefits.
This position receives support from Ensign Services who provides a wide range of clinical and operational assistance to over 200 independently owned healthcare operations located throughout the United States. Ensign culture has come to life in these facility teams and is evident in the ownership, passion, and celebration found in their departments every day. In addition, Ensign culture has fostered an environment where therapists have an unprecedented level of freedom to create and implement the programs that will best serve their patients and communities.
- Obtain managed care authorization for therapy services provided in multi-site facilities
- Participate in department and facility meetings as requested and communicate all relevant information with facility staff
- Inspect and audit therapy paperwork to ensure completeness and accuracy to be sent to managed care plans
- Assist in obtaining doctors signatures for therapy paperwork as needed
- Update data in electronic medical record systems and managed care portals.
- May assist with ordering necessary therapy equipment and supplies.
- Follow all facility safety regulations, protocols, policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as requested
- Ability to multitask, keen eye for detail and being a self-initiator
- Excellent customer service skills
- High School Graduate, Bachelor’s Degree preferred or experience in similar related role
- Able to communicate in English both verbally and in writing, bilingual Spanish speaking a plus.
- Completion of on-the-job orientation and training program or demonstrates competency in each of the designated areas
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with electronic medical records systems like Optima/Net-Healthcare Solutions and Point Click Care is a plus
- Experience with Managed Care or Medical Online portals for obtaining authorization of services is a plus
- Knowledge of overall managed care insurance processes is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.Apply for this Position
Last updated 2021-10-11